When it comes to creating your WordPress website navigational menus, in most cases, the action takes place through the menu manager tool. This feature is a core part of WordPress, which can be accessed from the admin area of your website.
Create a New Menu
- Navigate to Appearance -> Menus and click on “create a new menu” link.
- Enter a Menu Name and click on the Create Menu button.
- Select the Menu Items you want to be displayed in your menu and click on the Add to Menu button.
- By default you will see Pages, Links, and Categories in the left column. However, if you want to add posts or tags to your menu, you can display these items by clicking on the Screen Options tab in the top right corner of the screen.
- Check “Automatically add new top-level pages to this menu” check-box so any new pages created will be added automatically to this menu and can be edited at a later time.
- Click on the Save Menu button.